St. Andrew’s Parish Church is situated to the south of Narberth town in an area which was once the centre of the old town. The church and its graveyard are believed to have been built during the first part of the 13th century. Sir Andrew Perrot was responsible for the building of the original church which comprised a nave with south porch, a chapel and a tower which, in 1796 was all but destroyed by lightning during a horrendous storm.


In the 1820’s, repairs to the Church were carried out by James Hughes of Narberth and included widening the chancel and an addition to the north side. In the early 1880’s however, all but the tower and north wall was demolished and the stone reused in a much larger building. This was the work of Sir Thomas Jackson, an accomplished Victorian architect; and has been described as “quite grand in scale, design and workmanship”.

In 1951, CADW declared St. Andrew’s Church to be a Grade II listed building; a Welsh Historic Monument of special architectural interest

Please click HERE to go to St. Andrews gallery.